Northport is a historic maritime village in the Town of Huntington on Long Island, New York. Initially designated as Great Cow Harbour by 17th-century English colonists, the area was officially renamed Northport in 1837. In 1898, in order to localize governance Northport was incorporated as a village.
Northport is known for its Victorian era village center, still bearing trolley rails from a long since discontinued streetcar which would transport village residents to the Long Island Rail Road station in East Northport. The village Main Street runs from the Village Green along the harbor-front to the former hamlet of Vernon Valley, which has since been subsumed by the neighboring community of East Northport. As of 2010, the village has a population of around 7,401 and is served by the Northport-East Northport School District.
The Jim's are members of the Local Chamber of Commerce, Jim Jr. is the President of the Northport/East Northport Kiwanis Club and Dad is on the Board of Directors. The Kiwanis Club's main mission is to serve the Children of the World and the Local Community
Looking to BUY or SELL in Northport call the Jim's who have lived in Northport Village since 1978 "-)
Our Town Northport, NY
The source of the displayed data is either the property owner or public record provided by non-governmental third parties. It is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc.